EMS DB Extract for MySQL is an impressive and easy-to-use tool for creating MySQL database backups in a form of SQL scripts. This database script utility allows you to save metadata of all MySQL database objects as well as MySQL table data as database snapshot.
The latest version is available here: http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/mysql/extract
Running EMS DB Extract wizard opens the backup database MySQL.
First Step. - Specify the settings for connecting to a server MySQL.
To connect to remote MySQL server, select the "Connect througt the SHell (SSH) tunnel":
Second Step. - Select the database, which will be backup.
Third Step. - Specify the object types for backup.
Allows you to choose to export only the structure or just the data or both structure and data.
You can also include or exclude groups of database objects: tables, views, procedures, UDF_s ... etc.
If necessary, you can select specific objects for DB backup.
Fourth Step. - Specify the script generation option scheme during the backup.
- This switch control allows you to specify the version of MySQL server the extracted metadata is to be compatible with: Server version, 3.23, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1.
- Generates the DELETE FROM statements before the INSERT INTO statements.
- Here you can specify the WHERE clauses for data extraction from each of the tables.
Fifth Step. - At this step you should specify the file name and the directory where the result script will be saved.
- Check this option to add current date, time or datetime (can be specified at the corresponding drop-down list) to the folder name. (1,2,3)
- If compression in a single archive is enabled you can split the archive to volumes of defined size. The size of an archive volume is in bytes by default, kilobyte if the value is followed by 'K' and megabyte if the value is followed by 'M'. (4)
Sixth Step. - Specify the option to backup database. Scheduling options
- Choose here if the extraction task is to be run within the current session of the GUI wizard, or whether the task is to be scheduled for running later, or both.
- Set the Run once option to execute the extraction task one time, or select a daily, a weekly or a monthly Recurrence Rule to repeat the extraction task periodically.
- This box allows you to set the time of the task execution.
- In these fields you must specify Windows Domain (if a domain login is being used), User name and User password for the task execution. It is recommended to run the task as current Windows user.
After specifying all the parameters and options of the backup click Extract button which will result in running the backup database.
The Save template item allows you to save current configuration for future use.
Please note that a configuration file (template) can be saved only on Step 8 (Scheduling options) and the succeeding steps of the wizard.
Previously saved DB Extract templates are loaded within the Open template dialog. To call this dialog, press the Tools button and select the Load template popup menu item.
Please note that you can reopen a template at any step of the wizard using the corresponding popup menu item of the Tools menu.
DB Extract for MySQL includes a graphical wizard that will guide you through the MySQL extract process step by step, and a command-line utility for creating MySQL backups in one-touch.